Changi Airport in Singapore has reintroduced its free city tours for transit and transfer passengers, which previously made up about 30% of its passenger traffic. The Changi Airport Group (CAG), Singapore Airlines (SIA), and the Singapore Tourism Board (STB) have collaborated to restart the tours after a two-year break caused by COVID-19.
The existing tours, including the City Sights Tour, Jewel Tour, and Heritage Tour, have been revamped to incorporate new attractions, while a brand-new Changi Precinct Tour has been introduced, showcasing the Eastern region surrounding the airport.
Each tour will last approximately 2.5 hours and will be offered daily, with advance booking available on the airport’s website.
- You are a transit or transfer passenger at Changi Airport.
- Your layover period is at least 5.5 hours but less than 24 hours, and your flight schedule fits with our tour timings (refer to Tour Itineraries below).
- Upon arrival at Changi Airport, please remain in the transit area and do not clear Arrival immigration as the Free Singapore Tour service counters are located within the transit area.
- You can scan the QR code at the counter or make a pre-booking (more details in FAQ Question 6 below).
- The Free Singapore Tour service counters are located at:
- Passport, boarding passes, valid entry visa and tour booking confirmation are required for registration. Eligibility to participate in the tour is subject to visa entry requirements stipulated by the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority of Singapore.
- If you have bulky or wheeled cabin baggage, you must leave them at a Baggage Storage counter (fees apply) in the airport transit before joining the tour.
- Availability of seats is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Tour itinerary may change, depending on weather and traffic conditions.
- Transit passengers are allowed to enter and exit Singapore once during their layover period, as per guidelines stipulated by the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority of Singapore.
- There are food sampling segments on some of the tour itineraries. If you have any food allergies, please take precautions and inform the tour guide before the tour starts.
- Changi Precinct Tour
Experience what it feels like to live as a Singaporean, through an exploration of the charming east side of Singapore, away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
- City Sights Tour
See modern Singapore. Get a photo of the Merlion against the city skyline and marvel at the magical, Avatar-like Supertrees at Gardens by the Bay.
- Jewel Tour
Step into a multi-dimensional destination combining retail, dining and attractions, and immerse in a lush green sanctuary through this 2.5-hour walking tour.
- Heritage Tour (Available from June 2023)
Discover Singapore’s colonial past and cultural heritage through a visit to the historic Civic District, Chinatown, and the picturesque Kampong Gelam.